I remember (don't all of us old folks) about 20 years ago when the skip on 75 was much like the current one. Nothing between 100 to 600 miles or very weak and stations out beyond that were strong as garlic breath.

This is really not that uncommon. It follows the 11 year cycle and the 22 year cycle as does the upper bands. With few sunspots to upset the atmosphere that giant mirror in the sky is really working. What puzzles me more than 75 is 160. It is not near as good as I expected.

Jim
W5JO

For the last few months, we've lost the choice of short skip on 75
at night.
160 is difficult for a lot of folks, antenna wise. So... No more
talking
to your buddies within a couple hundred miles late in the evening or
night.

73',
KA5MIR