Jim Wilhite wrote:
Thanks for mentioning this Todd. I thought the same thing. I don't buy anything on ebay, period.

Bravo!  I wonder why others dislike Ebay.

My reason is because of the hoax perpertrated that it is an auction.

Has anyone ever been to a real auction where the sellers bottom line is a secret known only to him?

It's a gross waste of time and energy to bid against a secret price.

It makes the whole process nonsense and I refuse to participate and thereby promote it.

There is also the nonsense of last second bidding which might as will be in the original sale. List for a week and then open the auction a min before it closes. This of course, creates great problems for those of us on dialup.

Yuch... tell me the price and be done with it.

My favorite way of buying is on lists like this. Not only common interests but we actually get to know each other and don't have to rely on silly report cards and feedback.

js