I used to have one of those old
General Radio mod monitors, good stuff, but
the old ones had a tuned input that you had to
adjust for some bands, and it might not have
worked on the higher bands.
The RCA/bellair one I have now is solid state
and no tune, but has easy to blow diodes in the
input...

The little ones we have been talking about for sale
work up into the uhf range and I think the FAA used
them to check their transmitters.

As far as ebay goes, I think its great, easy way to shop
for ham and old motorcycle stuff.
Plenty of people seem to want to make a lot of money
off the stuff they sell, but I wont pay a high price
unless I want it bad...

It would be nice to sell on list to guys you work,
but as far as buying stuff, what is available is limited.
Lots of people here are black holes, stuff goes in
but does not come out!

I was just out bid on a 75s1 at $300.00.
Anyone selling one of those?
I want to experiment with it to get it to
sound hi fi on AM, and put a good filter in it.

The talk of 15 meters made me realize my homebrew
receivers don't go above 40...

Brett
N2DTS