-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geoff/W5OMR
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:41 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Pw Supply

Jack Schmidling wrote:

> In plate modulated AM service, the 813's will run nice
> at 2000 volts on the plates at 400ma for 2 tubes.

Just looking at the spec's, Jack, for a single 813...  in Ham service,
they say you can run 2500v on the plates, at 225mA, but in the same
chart, says the max is 450w max.  Sorry... the math just don't add up.
But, if you use a single 813 in the final, and modulate it with a pair
of 811's, you'll be at, or over the 'legal limit' anyway.

Either way, 1500w PEP is the Maximum Power Output we're allowed to run
these days.  Not like in the old days, when 1kW DC input, measured at
the plate of the output tube(s) was the law (and a helluvalot easier to
measure)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR