watts of AM on them....

I blew out traps in a trapped dipole and in a vertical
antenna with a DX100 (100 watts out).

Brett
N2DTS

SNIP
Hi Brett:
the only trap antenna i have found that will handle the power is the old Rayco Traps. back in the 60's i had a trap dipole using them ran a WRL Globe Champion 350A into it for years. no problems. years later i burnt up a lot of traps and verticals trying to run 100watts AM . like ham radio things just got cheaper made as the years went by. I passed those old Rayco traps around the area for years 4 other hams used them and they came home about 8 yrs ago. i cleaned them up put high voltage insulation dope on them and tryed them out guess what worked find . used them again for about a year then retired them to a place of honor in the shack. do not know if the new Rayco traps are as good and will handle the AM power like the old ones would but they might be worth a look into.
Happy New Year
73 Tony
QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573 SKCC #1227
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group