rbethman wrote:
I am now in Virginia. Geoff may argue whether it's the South, BUT it was the capitol of the Confederacy. We do NOT stay inside in the summer! I take my telescopes out year round. I carry a concealed handgun due to the 'critters'! I'm NOT concerned over the two-legged ones.

A friend of mine, Bob, moved to Norfolk/Virginia Beach area back in the mid/late 90's. The locals told her "welcome to the South!" She was 'up' there, from South Texas, and therefore said "If I'm in the South, how come I had to drive NORTH to get here?" ;-)

LOTS of 4-legged and slippery/slithery critters in most any place that has an 'outdoors' (away from the Megalopolis).

Lots of trees in Virginia to hang antennas with, though. Watch that vine, though.. it -might- have fangs!

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR