----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff/W5OMR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Speaking for my friend, Perry/W5KGZ, he also likes Gary's work.  Perry
recently acquired a modulation transformer for a BC-610 and while it
works great, there's a little problem of 'talk-back' from the transformer.

Perry was making noises this morning about taking the transformer out
and pulling the end-bells off, and 'really cranking down' on the bolts
that hold the laminations together.
That and perhaps dip the thing in hot wax in order to get it to quiet
down somewhat.

Does anyone else have another other suggestions on how to silence a
modulation transformer?

--
73
-Geoff/W5OMR