Geoff/W5OMR wrote:

An AM'er owning a ricebox isn't a sin, nor should it tarnish our image. AM is just but -one- mode of our multi-faceted hobby, that let's us build and operate our own equipment, with a maximum output of 1,500w PEP, regardless of mode.

Without demeaning any of our fellow amateurs, I often think that the *ability* to understand and appreciate the difference between a homebrewed Hartley and a "ricebox" is one of the main things that differentiates us, and gives us pride in this niche of the hobby. And that is truly something to be thankful for.

73 and Happy Turkey Day!

Bob W9RAN