Howdy, Ellen!

Yeah...   I know that there at least USED to be a bunch in the
Milwaukee area that kept 6 meter AM hopping, but I've never heard
them here, so I assume they're now defunct.

I've always been intrigued by 6 meters...  even back when I was in
Chicago, a channel 2 area!!! I can say from personal experience that
if you fire up on 6 in Chicago, you're gonna get something like the
final scene in the movie version of Frankenstein; the villagers, all
carrying torches and pitchforks, are gonna storm the place by night,
intent on destroying the monster!!!   <<GRIN>>

One of the things that I've LONG been intending to do... set up here
to work auroral DX on CW. Gathering dust is a pretty decent Heathkit
Seneca, a low band Motorola base station power amp (single 4CX250),
and an Ameco 6 meter converter (the Nuvistor version). Also, in the
rafters of the garage is a 20 foot length of 2" OD aluminum pipe from
an irrigation system (It'd make a GREAT boom for a 3 element 6 meter
Yagi!).

As it is...  all I have actually working now is the Gonset hooked to
a J-pole.

Mr. T., W9LBB