From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 7:48 PM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Ranger driving SB220

Ron,
Yes, the VKII uses a pair of 6146s and it has a 6AQ5 adjustable screen
clamp tube.
I see no reason to wast power with an attenuator and there is a sweet
spot in the final current thru the mod iron that requires a less than
full rated final current to avoid saturation.
  It seems to me that a fine adjust here would allow power reduction for
use with an amp and also enable fine tuning the final current without
reducing optimum drive current when used barefoot.

Just an idea. I like the ability of the DSB transmitters like the HT
37, FT101,etc to lower the output power without having to retune the
final.

73,
Bill, KB3DKS