To: <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:19 PM
Subject: [AMRadio] Broadcast transmitter rescue

Last year I rescued a Gates BC-1 and an RCA BT-1 that I passed on to WA3GGM
as he had a passion for these that I did not. However his enthusiasm has
rubbed off on me and I have located a Collins 20V-2. This one will be mine after restoration and conversion. It was the backup box at a 500w AM station that went QRT last Monday. So Saturday morning I will go get it and haul it
home..... thinking of what to tell the wife as I type this.

So my question to the group. Who is the Collins 20v-2 guru and how much will
be involved to move it from 610khz to 1885khz.

73, Al  K3TKJ