The DX Series do "okay". But an amplifier does wonders whether on 40M, 80M, or any other band.

We are experiencing a VERY low sunspot cycle. Conditions are horrible. Even KW stations don't reach much.

Bob - N0DGN

Bob Macklin wrote:
Next question.
Many of us have low powered AM transmitters like the small Heath DX series with some form of screen modulation. These transmitters previously did OK on 40M and up. 15M and 10M don't really require high power. But what about 20M. It seems to me that to play on 20M a GOOD linear is required for just about any small or medium powered transmitter. Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"

Bob - NØDGN