Lee Richardson wrote:

> Everyone who has */not/* performed that manuever, raise your hand!

Roger that Lee!

While you guys are telling all these shocking stories, just today I
noticed my Heathkit bench DC supply was holding a charge quite a while
after turning the DC output off.   So as to avoid zapping myself, I took
the precaution of putting a 47K 2watt on  a couple of banana plugs and
pluged it across my clip leads to act as an extra bleeder.    It wasn't
1/2 hour later when I went to flip the metal toggle switch off with one
finger that I let my wrist contact the short exposed resistor lead.  Got
my attention!

I think I need to come up with something a little better, you've heard
about how the cure is sometimes worse than the disease?

73 Bob W9RAN