With both hands raised, I comment. Ah yes, one of several ceremonies in becoming a grown man and un-idiot. Thank goodness we're not counting body scars. HI

My claim to fame: While holding a D-104 sitting in an old chrome chair with worn out seating fabric and leaning back on the two legs mostly and with my bare feet up on the bench during a QSO in my garage shack I inadvertently rocked one of the back legs (without the rubber foot) on a live extension cord. I was just having a good ol'time jawing away on 6 meters AM . But every time I'd lean forward wanting to write down a comment note I get the you know what shocked out of me. Remember me holding the D-104? Yours truly aka super brain finally saw what was happening and the next minute or so I was in deep though on how long I could remain teetered back in that wiggly frame chair before I figured how to get out of my predicament And you ask, what was I wearing to make that AC circuit. We (family-read young wife and two screaming kids full of sand and sunburned) just came home from the beach and I heard 6 meters wide open. Mother and kids were inside showering and all. Superbrain was still in his wet salt water bathing suit being called for the '6 meter chase'. Of note: While still in a state of teetering, my wife came back out into the garage with her unhappy mama face on and demanded when I was going to come in and help her with the children. I said, "Honey, I can't right now, believe me". I will not discuss what transpired in the next 30 seconds but I was still teetering when she slammed the door muttering something about how stupid she was to have ....in the first place. And then I was alone again.....still teetering but none the worse for ware from her personal evaluation of me, aka her idiot husband, the father of her poor innocent children smitten with their father's genes, and so on. How did I escape my delima you ask. No not the familial one, but the ham radio one. Well, I am proud to say that I did get my cherished D-104 back intact on the operating bench. I pitched it as accurately as I could. But in doing so, (remember me still teetering), I lost my balance in that so name position and ended up falling out of the chair (which that day ended up in the trash bin) and me tumbling down the back garage concrete steps after my route of passing through the door opening to the back yard. And man did that supper green grass feel good. I kinda laid there a spell looking at puffy clouds and soaring birds and eventually heard my wife and kids leave evidently to go out to eat. I compose myself and went into the kitchen and had a PBJ and glass of milk while reflecting upon my brush with imminent demise. No not the electrical one, the one with the wife. This story is true. Want me to show my scars? Yes, the ham radio ones!
73 Robert W4RL

Lee Richardson wrote:
Everyone who has */not/* performed that manuever, raise your hand! 73 de Lee, W5JQA