> From: Peter A Markavage <manual...@juno.com>
>
> If everyone also logged into SKYPE via the Internet, then you could then
> hear what the stations were saying that weren't in your skip zone. When a
> station transmitted, they would also key up the SKYPE connection.
> Listening to dead air is not my idea of fun. When I listened earlier this
> evening, out of the 6 or 8 stations in one roundtable, I could only hear
> 3 above the noise. I kept tuning off a few KC's to listen to the DX
> rolling in when I couldn't hear anyone above the noise. Later, I rolled
> up the band and worked a bunch of European's on SSB with the National
> NCX-5.
>
> Pete, wa2cwa

A member of the slopbucket group on 3889 back in the winter let it slip that
that was what they were doing to allow them to hear each other through the
QRM from the AM QSO down on 3885, that had been in progress for hours before
they came on, even though there were other nearby clear frequencies not in
use.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/