On 28th April, Joe wrote:

"...Forget trying to cast a weight over a limb with a rod and reel.  That
combination is designed for distance, not height. It will take many tries to
get a good placement, if you ever do."

********************************

I wouldn't be so sure, Joe...!

There's a roadside fishing spot about 20 minutes west of here, with some
VERY high overhead electrical lines that have SCORES of monofilament line,
bobbers, lures, and hooks dangling from them! Hi Hi.

"...The combination of a wrist sling-shot and an spinning reel will do the
trick far more easily and precisely. You can make one yourself, or buy
 one pre-made from one of the many ads in the various publications."

I personally couldn't justify the expense of buying a really good sling shot
here for the few times that it'd ever see any antenna raising action
here --- an the use of a bow & arrow was out of the question because of the
human traffic around these parts (can't you just the headlines now? "Accused
Man Charged With Manslaughter Quoted As Saying 'I Was Only Getting Ready For
The ARRL 160 Contest, Honest!'"), Hi Hi.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ