Its a great fun kit.
I have not really got into it yet, today was yard work and motorcycle riding
since it was so nice out.

I may have a dead detector fet, I had a lot of distortion on strong signals,
and changed a resistor (R7) from 1 meg to 470k and it cleared up, but that
is likely a byproduct of something else wrong.
Even so, it has plenty of gain and sounds great the way it is.
Its kind of nice, no signals, its quiet, really quiet. Even weak signals
come through well though.
Last night was a zoo, but I had no problems coping n8ecr, even with the mess
down frequency.

I am looking into adding a small pot to set the modulation level, and maybe
play with the cap values in the compressor circuit.
I tried putting a pot in place of R27, but it does not work right, r22 might
be a better choice.
I have some REALLY small pc mount pots...

I also need to study the design and see if it can be changed to just limit
the neg modulation in some way, that might be interesting and help a lot on
a low power rig.

The kit is so simple, its easy to play with things...

I am trying to talk Dave into making a deluxe rig for 40 meters.
You would likely have had a solid qso on 40 meters...

Brett