Jean-Francois,

You are not asking too much. I have operated on ALL of the CW/SSB satellites
using two FT-817NDs and SatPC 32. However, I also use a directional -albeit
small - antenna. Specifically, I use the Elk 2M/440L5 dual-band log periodic.

But, I do not have the antenna mounted outside. My shack, such as it is, is on
the second floor of my home. I routinely operate on all of the CW/SSB
satellites by hand-holding the Elk inside my home and manually tracking the
satellites.

In your case, with the eggbeaters, I will suggest that you should expect
consistent operations using two FT-817NDs only at higher (my rough guess is 20
degrees elevation or higher) of the two satellites. You likely will be more
effecitve on VO-52 because it performs so well. One evening here, when I was
troubleshooting an issue with my station, I was able to hear myself on the
VO-52 downlink with a strong and clear signal - and I had mounted to Yaesu
"duck" antenna to my FT-817ND transmit radio! VO-52 will prove to be fun for
you, I believe.

FO-29 also will be fun, but your station may not prove quite so effective on
it. My best suggestion is to try! I believe you will be very pleasantly
surprised.

FYI - when it is in Mode B, you also should be able to work Grand Old AO-7. My
experience with my handheld Elk antenna, operating totally indoors, is that I
need roughly 20 degree of elevation with 5 watts out to hear myself on the AO-7
downlink. You may need slightly higher elevation.

I hope this is helpful, and I hope to hear you on these satellite very soon!

73,

Tim - N3TL