For the tube, I would recommend a QQV06-40 if you can find one.
Was used extensively in the VHF mobile radio market (both for mobiles in the
1960s and base stations)
Will need a 600V anode supply, 250V screen grid supply and 6.3 or 12.6V heaters.

Can't find a specific design, I would just put the bits together and see what
works.