I would try to locate old QSTs or Amateur Radio Handbooks that contained
such circuits. Tubes such as 6146, 829, etc. were good candidates. Also
the 4x/4CX150 would give up to 100+ out with just a few watts in. Newer
handbooks or magazines still provide you with he necessary theory to
build one from scratch. Building a tube amp is quite simple, just need
to have 300 - 1000 volts dc supply based on tube and power out. Also,
usually a 6.3vc transformer for filaments. Nothing wrong with tube amps.
I have an old Johnson 6n2 unit that runs about 150 watts. Neat old rig.
Find an old rig as I mentioned above and go online to the various manual
websites and obtain the manual for an old rig. You can use that as your
example.

Reid, W4UPD