Try the ARRL Periodicals Archive search. There were a lot of construction
articles published in the 1950's and 1960's that can be downloaded at no
charge. RF Parts and Surplus Sales of Nebraska stock parts.

Remember to keep one hand in your pocket when troubleshooting. If you give
the high voltage a path to ground through your heart, you're dead.

73,

John
KD6OZH