Hi Drew,

SatPC32 is probably an excellent program (I'm on Linux here, so can't use it),
and if you've got the automation available, that's certainly the best way to
go.  And, by definition, the lower the elevation, the farther away the
satellite is, so your DX contacts are going to be at the edges of the pass.

But any pass where you are really stretching the footprint is going to be a low
elevation pass.  The more you stretch, the lower the pass.  In the limit, I
think Bob's ultimate pass has a peak at .001-degrees for both stations.  If
you're doing that, then you're at TCA, and zero doppler.

That's all I meant to convey,

Greg  KO6TH