The rate of change of Doppler is a sinusoidal function, so...

Think of a sine wave: the change in amplitude is highest close to the
zero crossing and smallest around the plus and minus maximums.

73, Ed - KL7UW

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
  BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
500-KHz/CW, 144-MHz EME, 1296-MHz EME