----- Original Message -----
From: "Sil - ZL2CIA" <zl2...@amsat.org>
To: "Idle-Tyme" <n...@mwt.net>
Cc: "i8cvs" <domenico.i8...@tin.it>; "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Arecibo on 432 MHz Moon Bounce (some
calculations)

> In the Netherlands (and most of Europe), you would write one thousand
> million watts as 1.000 megawatts.
>
> The decimal indicator in Europe is a comma.
> For example,
> 1,5 means one and a half
> 1.000.000 means one million.
>
> Sil
> (ex PA3HIL)

Hi Sil, ZL2CIA

In Italy you would write one thousand million watt as 1000 megawatt
or alternatively 1000 MW

In addition the units in Italy are written without plural and to write
megawatts is wrong in Italy but the plural is used in England and USA

In any calculator 1.5 means one and half because the calculators are not
using comma.

In any calculator 1000000. means one million

I thing that the best for everybody should be to write numbars as any
calculator shows.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico