Thanks to all who have answered both on and off the list.  I have had my
sat station working on a prior computer, an XP laptop, not with the
KeySpan but with one serial adapter cable plus the "real serial
interface" in that computer.  I've not tried those on the Win7's.  I no
longer have the XP's; they both died this past winter.

Interfaces are the GS232 from Yaesu, and the CT-17 level converter from
ICOM.

Though I have a lot of stuff on USB, 4 ports out of 6 total, I have
tested with only the KeySpan attached.

I will try the alternate programs suggested off-list.

I may try the "real serial interface" approach--a good idea.  Though I
live in a small town, there is a computer geek who lives nearby me.  I
have at least one salvaged serial port interface from a previous
computer.  I have another junked computer that possibly has one in it
also.  I'll check that out.

I will get the additional information from the crash screen and display
here.

73, Larry