On 5 May 2010 at 13:29, Bruce Robertson wrote:

Date sent:              Wed, 05 May 2010 13:29:40 -0300
From:                   Bruce Robertson <ve9...@gmail.com>
Subject:                [amsat-bb] Re: [eu-amsat] Re: Re: Indian Small
Satellite Systems
        Conference -1
To:                     Thomas Frey <th.f...@vtxmail.ch>
Copies to:              amsat-bb@amsat.org, eu-am...@yahoogroups.com

> I might have missed something, Thomas, but I believe Luc recommended a
> 'slightly elliptical orbit', not necessarily a HEO one. Do these need
> to be the same thing? An elliptical MEO would allow for periods of
> more challenging operation with better opportunities for DX
> alternating with periods of lower pass loss, but smaller footprint.
> This might well be something that AMSAT-India could come to ISRO to
> ask for.
>
> Of course, none of this takes away from the excellent work of AMSAT-DL
> on P3E, which we all eagerly support.
>
> 73, Bruce
> VE9QRP

Exactly Bruce

The 4 key words are: With a little more "push" and 'slightly elliptical orbit'

This will not replace in anyway an HEO the ultimate goal but in the mean time a
MEO will give us some releif of our dull environment.

P.S. Dull in the sense of the same usual earth path!

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe