Patrick,

>I have not seen any documentation that could translate the satellite count
to an accuracy figure in feet or meters.

The number of satellites isn't the main factor in accuracy, it's the sat
geometry. A position fix with 4 birds spaced evenly and at a higher altitude
will give a better position than 8 birds near the horizon bunched around the
same area of the sky.

That being said, once  SA was turned off in 2000, I've rarely had a position
error greater than 20 feet, even with my older Garmin II+. My HCx, easily
get under 10' most times.

73

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera