I installed one of these a few months ago, in place of my 20-turn Wimo
helix.  Both are nice antennas, but I'll give the edge to the M2 yagi
(more gain and it mounts balanced on the elevation boom).   I have
mine with vertical polarity.   Since AO-51 is linear on L-band, it
shouldn't matter--but putting that little antenna horizontal in line
with my metal boom didn't seem to make much sense....

73,

Mark N8MH

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Stan, W1LE <stanw...@verizon.net> wrote:
>  M2 makes a 35 element 1296 MHz yagi, on about a 6' boom.
> individual elements are insulated "thru the boom" with keepers.
> Folded dipole driven element.
> I used 2 each stacked vertically for AO-40. Yes, they are pointy.
>
> Stan, W1LE      Cape Cod     FN41sr
>

> On 9/22/2010 1:52 AM, Art McBride wrote:
>> Greg,
>>   I would keep the one that works the best.
>> I have been disappointed in the performance of long boom Yagi's for UHF.
>> Resistance loss in the elements often reduces the gain by several dB over
>> calculated gain. Also they are very narrow band, the helix is good for an
>> octave.
>> Art,
>> KC6UQH
>> --