On 12/17/2010 12:09 AM, Greg D. wrote:

> I believe this is the operative statement.  I haven't tried it in a
> while (years), but I recall that my Alinco DR-610T mobile rig was not
> able to receive on 70cm while I was keyed up on 2m for a satellite
> contact.  I remember this because it's frustrating when you can't hear
> what's going on.  Haven't tried V/U satellite mobile since (and that
> was while parked in my driveway).
>
> The DR-610T is definitely capable of Cross-band Repeat, however.
>
> Greg  KO6TH

The 610 was definitely full duplex; see the second bullet at
http://www.alinco.com/Products/DR-610T.shtml. I used a 605 extensively
on satellite, and a friend has a 610 still.

Just think about how a cross band repeater works, and you'll realize
that any radio that does that must by design be capable of full duplex.

73, Drew KO4MA