At 08:40 PM 12/16/2010, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
>On 12/17/2010 12:09 AM, Greg D. wrote:
> >

> > I believe this is the operative statement.  I haven't tried it in a
> > while (years), but I recall that my Alinco DR-610T mobile rig was not
> > able to receive on 70cm while I was keyed up on 2m for a satellite
> > contact.  I remember this because it's frustrating when you can't hear
> > what's going on.  Haven't tried V/U satellite mobile since (and that
> > was while parked in my driveway).
> >
> > The DR-610T is definitely capable of Cross-band Repeat, however.
> >
> > Greg  KO6TH
> >
>The 610 was definitely full duplex; see the second bullet at
>http://www.alinco.com/Products/DR-610T.shtml. I used a 605 extensively
>on satellite, and a friend has a 610 still.
>
>Just think about how a cross band repeater works, and you'll realize
>that any radio that does that must by design be capable of full duplex.
>
>73, Drew KO4MA

To repeat it has to receive while transmitting (that is duplex), but
the DR-610T probably does not provide receive audio to the speaker
when in cross-band mode.  That means it is less useful for satellite
work.  It gets tricky to avoid audio feedback in that
situation.  Most repeaters do not have either mics or speakers, but
certainly operate duplex.  They often have connection for both for
testing, however.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-1.4kw, 432-100w*, 1296-testing*, 3400-winter?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@hotmail.com