Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:40:56 -0500
From: glasbren...@mindspring.com
To: ko6th_g...@hotmail.com
CC: vk3...@gmail.com; m5...@yahoo.co.uk; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Educate the Manufacturers

    On 12/17/2010 12:09 AM, Greg D. wrote:

      I believe this is the operative statement.  I haven't tried it in
      a while (years), but I recall that my Alinco DR-610T mobile rig
      was not able to receive on 70cm while I was keyed up on 2m for a
      satellite contact.  I remember this because it's frustrating when
      you can't hear what's going on.  Haven't tried V/U satellite
      mobile since (and that was while parked in my driveway).

      The DR-610T is definitely capable of Cross-band Repeat, however.

      Greg  KO6TH

    The 610 was definitely full duplex; see the second bullet at
    http://www.alinco.com/Products/DR-610T.shtml. I used a 605
    extensively on satellite, and a friend has a 610 still.

    Just think about how a cross band repeater works, and you'll realize
    that any radio that does that must by design be capable of full
    duplex.

    73, Drew KO4MA

Hi Drew,

Well, I need to try it again, then, because I definitely recall that the
operation was difficult.  Have you or anyone had problems with desense?  Maybe
that was it.  I was using the mobile setup, with the radio and a Larsen 2/70
glass-mount antenna.  I think I was trying AO-27 at the time.

Greg  KO6TH