----- Original Message -----
From: <n1...@burlingtontelecom.net>
To: "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 1:16 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: AO40 contacts

> Those were fun days Clare!
>
> My most challenging contacts were made using K band (24 GHz down). First
> contact was on 4/20/2002 with Jerry, K5OE.
>
> http://www.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1...@burlingtontelecom.net/index.html
>
> I think the only mode I never got to try was 2.4 GHz up. I have the
> transverter sitting here in my shack, but AO-40 went bang before I got to
> use it. The plan was S/k.
>
> 73,
> Mike, N1JEZ
> AMSAT 29649
> "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Hi Mike, N1JEZ

You should remember that you and I and Charles G3WDG we partecipated
to the only one test made on 2.4 GHz up and 24 GHz down i.e. mode S1/K
on AO40 on day 02/23/2003 and I was received on 24 GHz both by you and
by G3WDG.

I still have your CD diskette made by you and sent to me with the record of
my 24 GHz signal received by you in Burlington VT

Unfortunately at that time I was not ready to receive on 24 GHz but I was
only able to transmit on 2.4 GHz with 10 watt at a 4 feet prime focus dish.

Unfortunately for that experiment scheduled by AMSAT and command
station Stacey Mills W4SM only three stations where active i.e  G3WDG,
N1JEZ and my self ,i8CVS

G3DWG was equipped to transmit on 2.4 GHz and to receive on 24 GHz
so that only he was able to get back his own signal from the transponder.

You where only able to receive on 24 GHz but not to transmit on 2.4 GHz
so that you where able only to copy G3WDG and i8CVS on 24 GHz

I was able only to transmit on 2.4 GHz but not to receive on 24 GHz so
that at the end of the experiment no  two way QSO S1/K was possible
to made between us but most important the experiment demonstrated
that the S1 2.4 GHz receiver on board of AO40 was working and was
alive and well !

Those were really fun days Mike !

73" de

i8CVS Domenico