Celestial mechanics is a brain teaser...but most of what has been said here is
more or less correct.  The trick is to realize that the ONLY orbit where the
velocities (and "energy")  are "constant" is a perfectly circular one...and
that really doesnt happen but in theory (although some come very close)...a
retrograde manuever will remove ARISSsat from the proximity of ISS very very
quickly.  Robert G. Oler WB5MZO