Seems to me that the "Control Operators" need to step in and shut down the
sat if the situation gets bad enough on a given pass.  No control appears to
be the main problem these days.  Operate the sats like a NET - request your
contact through Net Control.  That will give the "regulars" something
constructive to do and control the chaos.

Where are the OO's ????

73,
Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY
CN94

----- Original Message ----- From: <wa4...@comcast.net>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Considerate satellite operations behavior.

This is and will be an ongoing problem until the powers to be  at amsat do
something about the mess on the FM birds . Tom  you are preaching to the
choir here because most of the offenders have no idea that this BBS is here.
If the FCC stopped long enough to monitor this madness, they would likely
have Amsat shut it down. BUT it is our job to police the ham bands.I guess
that might mean we need to write down the bird,call sign ,date ,mode, and
time and try to contact the offender and explain to the operator the trouble
they are causing and offer them some advice on how to operate on the birds.
Amsat wants users and needs members but this madness has to be corrected. I
would not do a satallite demo any where and let people hear the mess that is
ever present now and even worse on the weekends. Amsat needs to address this
issue and offer a solution before the responsible operators givenup and
quite dealing with the birds.
Thats my 2 cents worth  AGAIN
WA4HFN Damon EM55
----- Original Message -----From: "Tom Schuessler"