At 10:29 AM 4/10/2011, John Becker wrote:
>There is a "STANDARD" why not use it???
>(that was a question)
>
>My navy training just rubs me the wrong way
>when I hear some of the "words" being used
>by some.
>
>Could be the "reason" your call went unanswered.
>
>John, W0JAB

Actually am surprised there is any debate on this topic.  The whole
point of using a standard phonetic alphabet is for ease in
recognition under poor reception conditions.  Only one word is used
for one letter of the alphabet so that reduces confusion.

So saying that, everyone knows that KL7UW is KL7 "micro wave"!  LOL
In fact I chose that vanity call to bring attention to my mw
activity.  KL7MW had been taken.
U could be construed as the greek symbol "mu"

but phonetically it is "uniform whiskey"
....I'll drink to that! ;-)

73, KL7uW, ex K8MWA (many wobbly antennas) or (micro wave amateur)

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45