Hi Bob,

I accept what you are saying about burst mode but it's possible to develop a
BPSK system that does burst mode too.

A BPSK system with Forward Error Correction can offer a 16 dB advantage over
AX.25 1200 FM.

As you say there's loads of FM rigs out there so receiving AX.25 is simple and
that's the reason everyone still uses it but for the future we should be
looking to more efficient means of communication.

73 Trevor M5AKA