I second Jim's assessment here.  Helical antennas are the only way I will build
an antenna at 1.2 ghz or higher.  It's not worth the stress trying to measure
things to the precision needed for a Yagi at those frequencies.  The less
stress (and time) taken to build the antenna, the more enjoyment you will get
from actually using it!

For 2m and 70cm, Yagis are good, but also consider making a Quad or a Quagi (a
2 element Quad with more Yagi elements in front).  I used a home-built 8
element Quagi from the ARRL Antenna Handbook for several years as a satellite
antenna, until I found a crossed Yagi antenna at a Ham Swap for a price I
couldn't pass up.  Still have the Quagi, just in case.

Greg  KO6TH