Hi Art,

I've got a BBQ Grill too, but used a 3 1/4 turn helix for a feed.   I was able
to work AO-40 at apogee with it.  Definitely a nice system.

How big is your dish?  I've not seen a Grill antenna much bigger than the one I
currently have, and I'm told it's not  big enough for 1.2 ghz (only 30").
Supposed to need at least 4'.  So instead I built a helix for that band and did
some L/S and L/U through AO-51. Then I found a commercial long boom 1.2 ghz
yagi at another Ham Swap (gotta keep me away from those!), and replaced the
Helix.  But, you know, I don't think the new antenna improved things.
Mechanically, yes, but not RF.  The Beacon off to the West is about the same on
either one.

Given the lack of S-band on the current birds, I was thinking about taking down
the Grill for a while, just to lighten the load on the rotor motors.  Maybe put
up a Wi-Fi flat panel, just to keep the band open.  But if I can get both 1.2
and 2.4 out of the Grill instead, might that be better?

Greg  KO6TH