Dear All,

It was great to receive ARISSsat-1 over West Malaysia during 5th
August 2011, 0223 UTC pass.  Maximum elevation was 89 degrees.

The downlink of both 145.919 MHz USB and 145.950 MHz FM was 59+60db,
very strong but with huge QSB observed.  A total of 3 SSTV pictures
were forwarded to the ARISS SSTV gallery and some telemetry/Kursk data
were forwarded by ARISSatTLM.

Congratulations to all those involved with ARISSsat-1 and we look
forward to trying out the transponder on the next pass.

A few questions I have if someone could please help me clarify them:
1. Is it possible to have the callsign and forwarding telemetry option
always set in ARISSsatTLM?  This way, we do not have to manually enter
the callsign and enable telemetry forwarding each time the program
starts up.
2. Does the CW beacon needs to be really +/- 100 Hz of the yellow
line?  The reason for this is that I would like to see how much offset
should I apply to doppler control, for possible automated reception.
3. In low power (eclipse) mode, how often does the BPSK1000 telemetry
transmits?

Thank you.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,