On 5 Aug 2011 at 10:28, Phil Karn wrote:

Date sent:              Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:28:23 -0700
From:                   Phil Karn <k...@philkarn.net>
Subject:                [amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 over West Malaysia
To:                     "Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC)" <9w...@9w2qc.net>
Copies to:              sangatsi...@gmail.com, amsat-bb@amsat.org

> On 8/4/11 8:04 PM, Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) wrote:
> >
> > 2. Does the CW beacon needs to be really +/- 100 Hz of the yellow
> > line?  The reason for this is that I would like to see how much offset
> > should I apply to doppler control, for possible automated reception.
>
> Tuning the CW beacon to 500 Hz automatically centers the BPSK1000 signal
> at 1500 Hz. I didn't put in a whole lot of frequency tolerance in the
> BPSK-1000 demodulator because the signal is 2 kHz wide from null to null
> and it would begin to be chopped off by the edges of the receiver's SSB
> filter. So while you should ideally tune to +/- 100 Hz you might go to
> +/- 200 or even 300 Hz and it will *probably* still work, but I wouldn't
> go too much wider.
>
> Go ahead and experiment; I'd be interested in any reports on how well my
> demodulator (which is incorporated into both the Windows and Mac
> telemetry programs) tolerates tuning errors. Frequency acquisition and
> data synchronization are the hardest parts of any digital demodulator,
> and I'd like to know where there's room for improvement.
>
> 73, Phil

I try to decoded the last 30deg pass this morning but no luck even if the blue
marker remain steady on the CW bump nothing "lock" as far i
can tell any QRM or QRN seems to hold the lock process and on VHF here i have
some intermod... living about half a mile from a cell/paget
tower?

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE