The IARU is a consultative body, a place for the amateur societies to
coordinate international activities where possible , not an international
treaty organization with the ability to bind member country
telecommunications law.  It has no real power.  We use it to do amateur
satellite service frequency coordination and for all countries, groups, etc.
that actually follow this procedure, it is helpful. Many do not.

The ITU maybe, but not the IARU, and the ITU hosts the World Adminstrative
Radio Conference where treaties and the thousands of exceptions to any
agreement are added and where any real power exists. WARC==important,
 IARU==sometimes useful.  Those would be the ones that are like a George W.
Bush "signing note".  They sign but then say they won't obey.

Bob
N4HY

--
Bob McGwier