From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Alan Cresswell
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 3:10 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: There's no usable satellites

Unfortunately it seems that this sort of posting has become almost the norm
on this bb.  The attitude that my way is the only way and your way is a load
of rubbish and to prove it I will produce caricature of your way which shows
how simple minded you are.
So those who operate computer controlled stations buy everything and have
apparently never built anything in their lives.
Cubesats become beepsats which are poorly built and never operate in orbit
and the builders don't care.
FMsats are the realm of poor operators and the linear sats are the only way
to go.
LEO,s are a waste of time and HEO is all that matters.  etc. etc.

I am old enough to remember when there was such a thing as "The Amateurs
Code".  Article 4 stated that "Kindly assistance, cooperation and
consideration for the interests of others; these are the marks of the
amateur spirit." Presumably written at a time when diversity of interests
was celebrated and not denigrated.
Oh well, I guess I am just living in the past.

73
Alan
ZL2BX