Do you really mean a "deplorable" antenna?

73 - Keith, W5IU

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert G Oler <orbit...@hotmail.com>
To: i8cvs <domenico.i8...@tin.it>
Cc: Amsat - BBs <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Sat, Jun 2, 2012 1:44 pm
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: European Lunar Lander - Call for Declarations of
Interest

It is to bad that the concentration couldn't be on something clever that would
earn us some mass for a transponder. Like say some sort antenna that is
deplorable and would massively increase the data rates.. Like an inflatable.
Robert WB5MZO

Sent from my iPad

On May 31, 2012, at 12:46, "i8cvs" <domenico.i8...@tin.it> wrote:

> Hi Stefan, VE4NSA
>
> I believe that ESA is interested to have a payload placed on the moon only to
make important and particular experiments that are impossible to manage to put
something into earth orbit.

> The capability of an Amateur Radio transponder to communicate between us or
for educational outreach and training opportunities associated with it can be
experimented even placing a transponder on earth orbit or on top of a hill.

> As you realize for the moment ESA seems to be not to much interested on
satellite amateur radio P3E and scientific probe P5A to Mars,figure out to
place
an amateur radio transponder on the Moon.

> 73" de
>
> i8CVS Domenico
Interest

>  Yes Domenico,
>

>  You are correct. However, that particular ESA proposal is not about putting
it into orbit. It is an opportunity to have a payload placed on the moon. Once
ESA has a proposal to put something into orbit, by all means.