From: Greg D <ko6th.g...@gmail.com>
To: Robert Coppock <robertinor...@webtv.net>
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:07 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: full duplex w/ 2 HT's

If I understand your wiring, I think you have it correct.

Is this what you are trying to do?
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/articles/Mode-J/

Note that for mode-B satellites where you are transmitting on 70cm and
receiving on 2m, this won't work. In my experience, the extra filtering
is also not needed there.

Good luck,

Greg KO6TH

> hola,   i am trying to determine the best way to work full duplex on the
> birds with 2 HT's or radios.   i cannot find any info so far on the web. my
> concern is to keep the transmit power out of the receive radio, i guess
> basically the difference between a diplexer and duplexer. since i am
> efficient (lazy) i thought i would just look for suggestions here while i am
> checking google also.    what do i need, di/du/ plexer, and what is the
> correct wiring scheme ?  i will be using the arrow antenna without the built
> in duplexer, from the 2 feeds (vhf/uhf)  and 2 HT's for now.  my picture of
> it so far, is to wire the vhf radio direct to the vhf feed port on the arrow,
> and have the uhf port on the arrow come into a duplexer, with the duplexer
> uhf port going to the uhf radio, and the duplexer vhf port terminated into a
> 50 ohm dummy load.   also, any suggestions of specific duplexers would be
> appreciated. i think i started on this project a few years ago, but never got
> around to get!
 ti!