From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew Glasbrenner
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:04 AM
To: jeffrey.em...@gmail.com
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Getting back into Satellites

There is only one currently operable FM satellite, and many of the sats due
to be launched this year are transponders or FM/DSB repeaters.

My suggestion would be to find a Yaesu 817 to get a toe into transponders,
and add -any- UHF receiver for full duplex FM. The little Baofeng UV3s are
like $45 and have good receivers in them.

73, Drew KO4MA

Sent from my iPhone