I hope it is evident, I am not focusing on the
controller/microcontroller/computer interface/az-el controller/etc. The
real issue is how cheaply can an antenna be mounted on a kingpost somewhere
on a surface, with a view towards the sky, and how conveniently can that
mount be motorized, with a sensor to give feedback to the ground station.
electronics, seem to be, (apologises to EE friends) a dime a dozen, cheaper
if made in hundreds, but the key drawback of any design is the mechanical
and electromechanical (can we use, mechatronics) system that serves as the
actuators. I am not referring to a hand held antenna assembly, but rather
something that we can all use in cold/hot weather and that can be put
together by one / two persons on an average post.

Comments welcome, I think the future holds bright for amsats and edu based
cubesats.

-samudra