Samudra,
It's an interesting question as to how much antenna that can be hung
on those gearhead motors. At 20 bux plus shipping, that's reasonable
for a hobbist budget. need two, the cable and metal (cool how the
worst of the metal work is done for you with KA6PUW's design.) Need to
do a BOM but should work out less than 100$ Probably kit it for less,
particularly the metal bits. Cheaper to buy by the 100's of feet, of
course.

The reference to SolidWorks is that the math needs to be worked out
regarding the shaft torque. Haven't been that far yet.

A thought is to have three build scales. One portable. One for
home/regular sized arrays, and a monster, no expenses spared version.
This is pretty easily doable with the electronics package you suggest,
just a different ,motor drive block, assuming DC motors and some sort
of feedback loop.

Curious to know, but the budding ECE in me wants to know what
development environment / microcontroller product families are in
consideration. The processors keep getting smaller and smaller. What
about a rasberry pi with a display in HD??? Amazing..

Norm n3ykf