This is what I was getting at when I made my earlier post about about the old Gemini OR-360 TV rotators. The gear train is driven by a "540" sized DC motor. I can tell you from experience that one of these rotors will rotate a mini sized beam on HF. I do it everyday. So if we are driving a smaller array, we might be able to eliminate some or all of the gearing involved and go with one of the smaller motors. I can't recall the issue but it seems to me I saw an article in QST where someone was driving a small little beam on top of a tripod with a small little motor. I still think a position pot is a better option for pointing over a stepper motor though.
Michael, W4HIJ