>Just think -- with TWO of them, you could compensate for the motion of the
>station, when operating from, say, a
boat or a vehicle under way.  (Nobody say "GPS" please!)

Hi Gus, you asked for it :-)
http://www.g6lvb.com/ao40mobile.htm
So also here Howard sets the standard, nobody beats him - respect!

Btw: here is my 18 year old project, it still works fine after so many years:
http://pa3guo.com/zb_rtr_ctrl.html

Things I learned and included in my software:
- thresholds are needed to avoid the system oscillating around a target position
- corrections need to be made due to overshoot (after a stop command the rotor
takes time to actually stop

--
Henk, PA3GUO