Hi Art, KC6UQH

Feeding a 50 ohm antenna with a odd numbar of 1/4 electrical wavelenght of
75 ohm coax cable you transform the 50 ohm antenna impedance into 100 ohm
and connecting two 100 ohm impedances in parallel you get again 50 ohm to
supply the system main fedline to TX and RX but using this solution the VSWR
into the 75 ohm coax cables is 75/50 = 1.5 and this VSWR represent losses
particularly at high frequencies from 435 MHz and up to 1296 MHz

On the other side feeding two 50 ohm antennas with the same lenghts of 50
ohm coax cables in parallel  you get a 25 ohm impedance to be transformed
again into 50 ohm using a matching line of  37.5 ohm 1/4 electrical
wavelenght long made with two pieces of coax cable 1/4 electrical wavelenght
long but in this solution the VSWR into both 50 ohm feeding lines will be
a good 1 to 1 and the losses are not very high so that this second solution
seems to be preferable.

The 37.5 ohm Zo impedance power divider can be professionally built in air
using two sections of round copper tubing 1/4 wavelenght long using the
following formula:

Zo = 138 log      (D/d)
                      10

where D is the inside diameter of the outer tubing and d is the outside
diameter of the inner tubing.

In this solutions the RF losses are less than using two sections of 75 ohm
coax cables in parallel each 1/4 electrical wavelenght long so that this
round copper tubing power divider solution seems to be preferred and it
is that I currently use up to 1296 MHz

73" de

i8CVS Domenico